$$$ KPO and CZM $$$: Expenses - June 2018

Monday, July 23, 2018

Expenses - June 2018

Another month has passed and we are closer to our wedding. CZM has been counting down and stressing me, less than 100 days to go! We did our pre-wedding photoshoot and it was an extremely tiring day! I failed to do the 新娘抱 (carrying the bride) and it has become one of CZM's regret. Besides that, everything went smoothly thanks to my dad for driving us around and CZM's brother for carrying a bunch of helium balloons in NTU while waiting for us to arrive. Hahaha.

Current Profile: 28 years old male planning to get married this year and is still living with his parents


You can read more about how we manage our finances here. Removing our shared expenses which come out of our mutual fund (KPO Expense Fund), my expenses for June would be $3,419.11 - ($2,274.09 / 2) = $2,282.07.

Wedding
Gown - We made another payment to the bridal shop (Rico-A-Mona) after our pre-wedding shoot. I believe the last payment will have to be made during the collection of photos.

Grooming - $105 (50% deposit) was paid to a MUA for my mum and sisters' makeup for the actual day. $430 was the "scam" I blogged about in last month expense update. $70 was for CZM's nails and $90 for the MUA on the pre-wedding shoot.

Photography - We spent $58.70 on 12 helium balloons including a $35 delivery fee from Give Fun >.< Once in a lifetime!

Parents
I previously blogged about my promotion and increment - Salary - You Are Your Best Investment and it was only effective from February so I gave my parents more allowance as well.

Vacation
Booked accommodation for our USA honeymoon.

Credit Card
Paid the annual fee of $192.60 for Citi Premier Miles and got 10,000 miles in return. The cheapest way to buy/earn miles. Specialized spending earns 4 miles per dollar which translate into $2,500 of spending before one earns 10,000 miles.

The remaining $6 was the fee incurred when we used CardUp to pay for our income taxes. In actual fact, the expenses including taxes were much higher but I removed it for obvious reason :)

Food
My food expenses are exceptionally low because I stay with my parents! Most of it is incurred when I am out with CZM.

Insurance
This is a fixed monthly cost for the basic coverage - term life and hospitalization.

Transportation
I would always pay for CZM's cab ride home during night time since I am too lazy to send her home. That was one of our agreement. lol. EZ Link expenses were much higher this month which was probably due to the wedding preparation, hence we have been commuting a lot more apart from work.

Public transportation seems a lot lower because of 2 reasons:
1. I am no longer using EZ Link Auto-Reload. Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) is a much better choice as you pay what you use instead of triggering top up where the money is stored in the EZ Link card. The best part is miles can be earned too (using UOB PRVI Mastercard)!
2. $0.50 Discount for commuters who enter stations before 7.45am on weekdays.

Me
The $69.97 is the installment for Surface Pro which I got about 2 years back.

Treat
Nothing worth mentioning.

Gambling
Trying our luck on ToTo - the fastest way to become a millionaire. lol.

Groceries
Nothing worth mentioning.

Investment
Applied for May SSB to build the bond ladder so that we can get higher interest for DBS Multiplier account - DBS Multiplier + SSBs + Joint Account = Higher Interest!

Summary
January 2018 - $2,256.43
February 2018 - $1,759.01
March 2018 - $5,049.79
April 2018 - $1,572.54
May 2018 - $1,863.74
June 2018 - $2,282.07

Total expenses for 2018: $14,783.58
Average expenses per month for 2018: $2,463.93

Do like any of the following for the latest update/post!
1. FB Page - KPO and CZM
2. Twitter - KPO and CZM
3. Click here to subscribe using email :)
4. Instagram - KPO_and_CZM (Did you see those delicious food photos to the right -->)

4 comments:

  1. Hi KPO/CZM,

    Maybe I missed the details, does your expenses include "parents' allowances"? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I included that under the "Parents" category, $600 every month.

      Delete
  2. The $0.50 discount adds up a lot! When coupled with travelsmart, it is indeed formidable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya man! Unfortunately, I have stopped using travelsmart because no longer using EZ-Link.

      Delete