$$$ KPO and CZM $$$: Expenses - April 2018

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Expenses - April 2018

My expenses for April is one of the lowest so far! The bulk of it is from my parents' MediShield and insurance premium ($2,232) which is paid from my Medisave account. They have been paying roughly this amount in cash before I started working. It only makes sense that I paid it through my Medisave so they can keep more cash for themselves (cash is king!). My plan was to pay for my 3 other siblings as well. Unfortunately, they are not considered as my dependants hence my parents are still paying in cash.

Current Profile: 28 years old male planning to get married this year and is still living with his parents


I was struggling to decide if I should include the insurance premium as my expenses. Since these are paid out of my Medisave account, my cash flow will not be affected at all. On the other hand, if my Medisave account has insufficient fund, these premiums would then have to be paid using cash. In addition, my brother will start working this year and my parents said I can transfer one of the premium to him. The next question would be will my Medisave run out of money? Probably not... After considering all these, I decided to exclude them. Hence, my total expenses would be $3,826.09 - $2,232 = $1594.09 instead.

You can read more about how we manage our finances here. Removing our shared expenses which come out of our mutual fund (KPO Expense Fund), my expenses for April would be $1594.09 - ($43.10 / 2) = $1,572.54.

Parents
I previously blogged about my promotion and increment - Salary - You Are Your Best Investment and it was only effective from February so I gave my parents more allowance as well.

Insurance
This is a fixed monthly cost for the basic coverage - term life and hospitalization. It is higher this month because of the annual MediShield Life premium.

Food
My food expenses are exceptionally low because I stay with my parents! Most of it is incurred when I am out with CZM.

Gift
Ang Bao for my JC friend when I attended her church wedding and bought a small packet of Irvins salted egg fish skin for my family.

Transportation
I would always pay for CZM's cab ride home during night time since I am too lazy to send her home. That was one of our agreement. lol.

Public transportation seems a lot lower because of 2 reasons:
1. I am no longer using EZ Link Auto-Reload. Account-Based Ticketing (ABT) is a much better choice as you pay what you use instead of triggering top up where the money is stored in the EZ Link card. The best part is miles can be earned too (using UOB PRVI Mastercard)!
2. $0.50 Discount for commuters who enter stations before 7.45am on weekdays.

Me
The $69.97 is the installment for Surface Pro which I got about 2 years back. One of my kind readers emailed and told me that Microsoft has admitted that there is a small batch of Surface Pro 4 with defects - Surface Pro 4 screen flickers or is scrambled and they will be offering a free replacement. I am in the process of getting that sorted out. The annoying thing is Singapore does not has a service centre so the SP4 has to be shipped somewhere...

Wedding
We bought some random stuff/props for the pre-wedding photoshoot from Lazada.


The shoe is bad, very low quality but you get what you pay for. However, the shirt is surprisingly decent. The other items you probably have no need for them so save the money!

Treat
Nothing worth mentioning.

Entertainment
Cannot remember what we watched but we probably had a free movie ticket.

Investment
$2 IPO - Hyphens Pharma International Limited

Summary
January 2018 - $2,256.43
February 2018 - $1,759.01
March 2018 - $5,049.79
April 2018 - $1,572.54

Total expenses for 2018: $10,637.77
Average expenses per month for 2018: $2,659.44

Do like any of the following for the latest update/post!
1. FB Page - KPO and CZM
2. Twitter - KPO and CZM
3. Click here to subscribe using email :)
4. Instagram - KPO_and_CZM (Did you see those delicious food photos to the right -->)

No comments:

Post a Comment